Tarot: 10 Things You Need to Know
Tarot is a wonderful way to receive guidance about our past, present, and future and to gain a new perspective on life. When our lives have become too confusing to figure out by ourselves or we need confirmation that we’re on the right path, heading in the right direction, then a Tarot reading provides the clarity we need. Here are ten things you need to know about tarot that prove it’s more than just a pack of pretty cards!
- A Tarot reading is an accurate measure of how your own intuition is working. When you receive a Tarot reading, you may find yourself saying things like: ‘I knew it!’ ‘I thought as much!’ or ‘I didn’t want to believe it but…’ This is the Tarot proving to you that your intuition is already working overtime.
- You can intuitively read your own cards. Although a reading from a skilled practitioner will always generate the most comprehensive reading you can choose cards for yourself from your own pack to help you stay on track.
- Tarot cards will help you uncover your greatest needs. When you look at a tarot card you will begin to see details that are, in fact, telling you a story about yourself. You may choose several cards in a row that have a theme of healing, needing more confidence, or taking more time for yourself. Again, you will intuitively have known this already but now you know it’s time to listen!
- Tarot will help you develop psychically. Studying the images on a Tarot card can help you heighten your sensory abilities and become more consciously aware. If you look at a card with a lot of detail and wording, you will be drawn to specific images and letters that will have a greater meaning to you. Practice with a friend and you will be amazed at the information you receive.
- Tarot is always truthful. Looking at a Tarot spread is like looking in a mirror. Can Tarot be wrong? No, but be careful not to misinterpret the meanings of the cards.
- It’s not designed to frighten or intimidate. Modern-day Tarot readers have long held the belief that the Tarot is an empowering way to provide guidance in the 21st century.
- The Major Arcana influences your life. We’re all born under one of the twenty-one cards that make up the Major Arcana. Add up the numbers of your day, month, and year of your birth (i.e. 5+8+1+9+8+9) until you get a number below 21 and this card will be your influencer.
- Tarot is a great tool for meditation. Choose a card and go on a journey with its energy. Ask your Spirit Guides to reveal to you what this card needs you to know.
- You can buy your own cards: just make sure you choose intuitively.
- Death is about transformation: never be scared of any card that comes up for you. Every single card is meaningful and always has your highest good and wellbeing at heart.
Speak to one of Psychic Living's gifted Tarot Readers today.